7.24.2009

lay my passion down

While I suppose I always knew it was never for forever, I always hoped that The End Times would occupy space in my life, give structure to my week and be the promise of honest work rewarded. I've said most of what I wanted to (since I regard this band much as I do the man behind it), but this show marks the end of a long and fruitful period for me.

It's been a great and rewarding thing, this. I will miss it terribly. At the same time, I can't wait to see what adventures will ambush me in the future.

Tonight The Rendezvous hosts The End Times' last performance. After 3+ years of practice, performance, and recording, we thank you, each other, and beautiful luck for what was a wonderful time together.

I'm glad we're going out at the Rendezvous; it's my favorite venue we've played by far, quiet and intimate and old, always with a half-warm case of rainier in the greenroom fridge and the feeling that even a subaural desire has weight. My family is coming, many of my friends as well, and it would be lovely--should you find youself in neither of those groups--if you came too.

We play promptly at 7pm. Don't be late.

No comments: