1.03.2007

An update on my whereabouts

Myspace says I haven't written a new blog since the 30th of October. It certainly hasn't felt that long; whatever time I might have devoted to the detailing of my life has been completely swallowed in the doings of other tasks.



Although I have no wish to take you on a walking tour of the previous two months (and Lord knows you wouldn't want to read it, really) I do want to share some of the new things I've created, recorded, or in someway had a hand.



So as Christmas rapidly approaches (Sweet Jesus, do I really need to do some shopping?) here's a look back on the last two months.

. . .


The End Times



Full of former and current Resonance staffers, The End Times is the brainchild of Fred and the vehicle of Kate, while Meg and I round out the group with color and panache.



Fred: Bass, Guitar, Shaker, Songs

Kate: Voice, Tambourine

Tyson: Lap Steel Guitar, Guitar, Bass, Voice

Meg: Piano, Organ, Voice



. . .


Girls Doing Boys



An offshoot of sorts from The End Times, Girls Doing Boys is also known as Apple Valley Rodeo. A covers-only outfit, GDB (AVR) features Kate picking songs, taking names, and playing piano. I generally add everything else.



Kate: Voice, Piano, Selections

Tyson: Percussion, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Washtub Bass, Voice, Production

Meg: Voice, Piano, Accordian



. . .


Pomohobo



The best kind of joke, the kind where no one really remembers why it was funny, is how Pomohobo got its name. A take off on art-school students and pot-fugue thesis statements, Pomohobo was meant to take on the world. Instead, I took the last poem I wrote at Western (and, one might argue, the last poem I'll ever write) and set it to music. Take that, Antioch!



Tyson: Words, Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, Production



. . .


Ham-boned



No one really pegs me as a guy with a penchant for hip-hop, that strange street lingo that rumbles out of passing low-riders and ambles by on the shoulders of your average ghetto-blaster-carrying downtown denizen, but I am. And that's why I got together with my B-town friends and sussed out some beats.



Oliver: Words

Jeff: Words

Sam: Programming, Keyboard, Words

Tyson: Programming, Keyboard, Guitar, Melodica, Voice



. . .




And that's it! There's sure to be more in the next few months. I've been writing a lot of songs for just me, and as soon as I get a recorded version that I'm proud of, you can bet I'll be on here crowing about it like the vainest chicken you ever did see.



Maybe I'll even write some more. I have a backlog of topics I'd like to tackle. For instance: why my strange insistence on rhyme and alliteration?

No comments: