1.08.2009

Blues & Bluster

Up in Everett, in a modified doublewide curiously placed downtown, was the last time I was on the radio proper. The format was poor, but inoffensive: local artists mixed with world music, with heavy doses of BBC canned programming. It was run by a sweaty mess of a person I didn't care for much and his underling, who I liked only by comparison.

But I loved it all the same, being sequestered in a closet, surrounded by antiquated equipment, pushing buttons and talking to no one. Missle defense with music.

It's been nearly four years since that gig, so I'm inordinately excited for tonight.

The best of the Sound, older and ill-remembered performers, and readings from poets of all stripes, tied together with the straight truth and good-natured fibbing. Revering the familiar and rescuing the rest, it's Blues&Bluster.

Is it necessary to say I host? I do. Tonight we're gonna get into some XTC, Touabab Krewe, new Antony and the Johnsons, and The Stooges, among many others.

Live from 11pm - 1am on Hollow Earth Radio

No comments: