4.19.2007

well, finger my button

For as long as I can (or care to) remember, I've been attending concerts. In fact, one of my first memories is watching the Mamas & the Papas at Hershey Park in Pennsylvania.

This was, of course, after Mama Cass had died, but I was a wee one yet and had not yet developed the killer hipster sense that would have told me one of the 60's greatest pop bands playing to a half-filled amphitheater in a theme park devoted to chocolate was perhaps a sad thing.

It's only been over the last couple of years that I started taking pictures at the events I attend, only a little over a year since I began posting those pictures to Flickr, and just a smidge under six months since I started my music blog at the P.I.

And it was yesterday that I finally received the recognition I so richly deserve.

Hi Tyson,

I work with Fox Searchlight Pictures here in Seattle and they are the studio that is putting out the upcoming film ONCE starring Glen Hansard of “The Frames.” They saw the photos you posted on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer blog and are looking to gain permission to post those same photos on the Fox Searchlight official website on behalf of the upcoming film and that band.


Oh yes. Oh, hell yes.

I asked them for many things -- credit, tickets, (hookers) -- but we finally reached an equitable agreement (no hookers).

So, the pictures I posted on my Seattle P.I. blog can now be found here on the Fox Searchlight site.

Rock on.

1 comment:

Vaguely Urgent said...

That's awesome! (And literally, like, ten hours after I was celebrating that KEXP had stolen one of mine. Damn you and your being better than me /always/.)