1.22.2007

It's time to get all Randy Newman

As a participant, cheerleader, and fan of NaNoWriMo, I have the heart, stones, and talent that makes an ordinary man a winner. Actually, only the first part of that is provably true, but I'll lay the latter half of that line on anyone gullible enough to believe me.

And it's that kind of gumption that should steer me straight through what might be my toughest challenge yet: RPM, or Record Production Month.

From their homepage:
This is the challenge: record an album in 28 days, just because you can. That’s 10 songs or 35 minutes of original material recorded during the month of February. Go ahead… put it to tape.
Why not? Success or failure, it should be an excellent exercise. I'm thinking your basic guitar pop, looped vocal harmonies and a fruity loops backbone. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, and, above all, a stone or two, and GESTALT you've got yourself an album.

While this should be enough for most people, those of the crazy persuasion might avail themselves of this.

No comments: