3.17.2008

another day of de

My coworker takes
little pink capsules
gobbling by the handful
the cakepastepack from her kitty
like a grooming monkey
picking its mate

The monotony of filling
icecube tray text boxes
lifting names from pamphlets
wrapping them in electric ubiquity

I earn keep misreading
veiny ink on the forms

So today, you are Grizwial Custudio,
outdoorsman and janitor,

And you will be Elony Pritchard,
lonely housewife in an empty studio
raising your kids and voice in fear

You, Meep Masterson III,
from a long, proud line
of onomonopoetic masters
hailing from Dollar Street, Mabton
fallen into ruined drink now

I know I've filled out similar
forms, hastily dashing information

Somewhere, there's a better me
with scribbled signature bones
holding a job squarely and money
in his pockets and thoughts instead

Of naming and packing
these fantastical appellations
in little white boxes

My coworker is behind me again
closing that container in hollow gulps

Another job of mindless levering.

No comments: